C-lab® is Thomas Concrete Group's research, development and laboratory testing centre. C-lab was founded in 1992 and in 1994 it became one of SWEDAC's accredited testing laboratories. The activities consist of three areas of work that include material and laboratory testing, technical consultation and damage investigations, as well as research and development.
The potential with modern concrete technology is substantial and C-lab can provide specialist advice at the design stage that can optimize and prevent many problems occurring during construction. We can advise on all aspects of concrete performance, based on the most recent developments in technology and specifications can be prepared or existing ones reviewed, to optimize both durability and constructability.
- Consultancy services and testing of both fresh and hardened concrete.
- Damage investigations.
- Assessment of existing structures.
- Education within the concrete area.
Our laboratory has been accredited by SWEDAC, since 1994, for several methods for testing of concrete, aggregates and binders. All test equipment undergoes regular control and calibration to ensure the validity of test results.
- Testing services for fresh and hardened concrete, aggregates and binders.
- Site testing and sampling, with our own equipment, for transport to the laboratory for further analysis.